The new IDP Smart 51 card printer with advanced security features and an unrivalled 5-year manufacturer warranty is now available at Identity.
Produce high-quality ID cards with photo-like images, vibrant colours, and crisp, detailed text,
complete with secure UV ink printing.
Want a bespoke design added to a lanyard?
Use our personalised lanyard service and have them delivered within 3 working days of artwork approval.
Easily identify staff, students, visitors and contractors.
Choose from 10 colours and sold in packs of 100 to save you money.
Our most popular holders.
Rigid, durable and designed to last.
A handy way to keep ID badges within reach at all times.
Nylon, metal or crocodile we stock them all.
Low Cost, High Quality.
Trusted by Ford, DHL and many more.
Terms and Conditions as of 1st January 2014
Binding Terms of Trade
important things to note
• Lead times for products are generally as listed below, unless otherwise stated.
- Photo ID Cards 8 working days
- Printed laminated PVC cards 12-15 working days
- Stock items 4 working days
- Printed Lanyards and other customised accessories 15 working days
- Non-stock items, including printers 5-8 working days
Lead time begins the working day following signoff and receipt of payment .
terms and conditions
• These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. Any revisions or editions to this text will be made available at http://www.identity.ie/terms.pdf
• Identity Limited is hereinafter referred to as Identity.
• Identity terms and conditions are supplied errors and omissions excepted.
the definition of “customer”
• The customer is defined as one whom personally or instructs their agents to place an order with Identity via:
our website and email address
• Our website is defined as the site reachable at URL http://www.identity.ie. All correspondence with Identity is confined to addresses at this domain.
• © Copyright Identity 2002 - 2014. All rights reserved. Reproduction of our website, promotional material, content and/or descriptions, in whole or in part, in any form or medium without express permission from Identity is strictly prohibited. Your use of this website is subject to our legal terms and conditions. The content is copy protected and Identity will issue C&D and takedown notices to any websites carrying direct copies of original content infringed upon.
information on our website
The information contained on our website is accurate and complete, however no liability is accepted from any usage or reliance upon the content. It is recommended that any information is verified for accuracy before being otherwise employed.
The website www.identity.ie offers numerous links to external websites for informational and reference purposes. Such links should not be construed as endorsements and no liability is accepted from usage or damage resultant in visiting said sites.
All emails from Identity are virus checked, however no liability is accepted from malware, viruses or other computer infection arising from reception of our emails. All emails and files transmitted to Identity are confidential and/or legally privileged, and are intended for the sole use of the entity or individual to whom they are addressed. In the event of an email being received in error, Identity advise that any use, dissemination, printing, copying or forwarding of the email is strictly prohibited. Should you receive any emails in error, please notify the sender by reply and then immediately and permanently delete it.
Identity welcomes any feedback, suggestions, ideas, concepts or proposals, (collectively “Feedback”). Any and all such comments immediately become the property of Identity on receipt. Submission of any such Feedback is an acceptance that the submitter transfers and assigns all rights, titles and interest in the information, including but not limited to copyright and IP rights to Identity, for no consideration. It is accepted by the submitter that all information can be used by Identity on an unrestricted and unfettered basis.
prices and quotes
• Identity may issue quotes via phone, with a follow up by email, or via downloadable PDF price lists, or as selectable items on the website. All price lists are dated, and all prices are valid for 20 working days from the date on the list.
• All quotes are subject to sight of artwork. Any additional Pantone colours or finishes not specified on the artwork will be charged accordingly on sight.
• In the event that a discrepancy arises between the quoted price and current prices, you will be notified of this by invoice before payment is demanded.
• Emailed quotes include delivery and exclude VAT @ 23% unless otherwise stated.
• Identity are not responsible for any discounts offered to end users by intermediate buyers. Identity strongly advise that no discounts be offered before receiving a price from Identity.
• Identity are not responsible for any losses incurred by customers due to quoting discrepancies.
• Delivery by the fastest method is usually included where specified at all times. Should you require an alternative delivery method, please request before placing order.
artwork supplied by customer
• If artwork is supplied by a customer, it is considered to be the pre-press camera ready version. No additions, no matter how small, will be carried out by Identity.
• Any changes to artwork result in a minimum cost of €50.00 ex VAT.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the artwork is of a sufficient quality. Identity supply concise Artwork Specifications, in the event that customer artwork does not meet these standards, the customer will be informed.
• Identity accepts no responsibility for artwork received that has spelling errors or other errors incorporated. If detected, customer will be informed of an error, but Identity is under no obligation to amend such errors free of charge.
• It is assumed that all artwork containing logos, pictures, devices, trademarks or other copyrighted material has been cleared for use by respective owners.
• Supplied artwork is deemed to be the finished article, and Identity will not be liable for any errors of artwork, including, but not limited to typographical errors, incorrect typeface substitution, and incorrect colour values for CMYK work.
• During the lamination and die-cut process, the positioning of the artwork on the card can move by up to 1.5mm. For this reason we specify that the artwork should keep text and other important elements at least 3mm from the edge of the card boundary.
in-house artwork fee
• All artwork requirements are chargeable at a fee. This fee will be clearly displayed on any email quote, if artwork is requested. All artwork fees must be paid for in advance, and are non-refundable, regardless of whether the job is carried out or not. This is to cover the cost of hiring a graphic designer for your project.
• Revisions will be charged extra, so it is important that you furnish Identity with a clear and concise description of your desired card artwork. All technical terminology, spellings and other important information must be supplied in an easy to read clear text format.
• Artwork fees are non-refundable.
• Email proofs will be provided for artwork purposes. See sections below for more information.
proofs sent by email
• It may be possible to waive the requirement for an emailed proof. You must sign the printed proof waiver in this case. Identity may insist on a printed proof if the artwork is problematic. This is at the discretion of Identity. In the event that the order is cancelled, you will still incur the fees outlined below.
• Identity will send email proofs to you for approval. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the proof to be correct and as requested, and subsequently to authorise Identity to proceed with the printing of cards. Identity accepts no liability for errors uncorrected which remain in the proof. The customer assumes all liabilities for any errors and accepts that they cannot hold Identity liable for any errors which remain in the proof.
• Identity provide email proofs to the customer for approval. The customer is responsible for checking the proof to be correct and authorising Identity to proceed with the printing of the artwork & Identity is absolved from responsibility for errors which may still be present in the proof. The customer hereby undertakes that they have due authority to approve the artwork presented and that they will in no way, under no circumstances hold Identity liable for any errors.
• As we offer & send free samples and postal proofs for the full colour solid plastic cards it is solely the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the cards are suitable for the purpose they wish to use then for. Any samples that we send you will be the same material and thickness as the cards we will use for your order unless otherwise stated.
• The customer hereby undertakes that they have due authority to approve the email proofs presented and that they will in no way, under no circumstances hold Identity liable for any errors. The customer warrants to Identity that they are authorised to accept such liability on behalf of their company or employer.
one-card proofs sent by post / courier
• It may be possible to waive the requirement for a printed proof. You must sign the printed proof waiver in this case. Identity may insist on a printed proof if the artwork proves problematic. This is at the discretion of Identity. In the event that the order is cancelled, you will still incur the fees outlined below.
• Upon receipt of payment in full, Identity offer postal proofs of the actual card, before the full order is completed. The customer is responsible for checking that the proof is correct and authorising Identity to print the full order.
• Under no circumstances will Identity be held liable for any errors which may be present in the proof. The customer is responsible for checking the proof to be correct and authorising Identity to proceed with the printing of the artwork & Identity is absolved from responsibility for errors which may still be present in the proof. The customer hereby undertakes that they have due authority to approve the artwork presented and that they will in no way, under no circumstances hold Identity liable for any errors. Upon issuing a postal proof, Identity accept no responsibility for any changes, no matter how minor. You will be charged full price for any subsequent reprints required.
• As with email proofs, the customer is responsible for checking the proof to be correct and Identity is absolved from responsibility for errors which may still be present in the proof.
• Changes required after the production of the printed proofs should have been made on sight of the email proof and as such, any editions will be charged at the quoted artwork rate. If requested and not waived, a printed plastic card can be sent via post or UPS free of charge. If additional proofs of the same or different artwork are required, a fee of €85 is charged.
• In the event of order cancellation after a printed proof has been issued, and if a refund is issued, the cost of printing and delivering proofs will be deducted from the total paid. Any artwork or other fees will also be deducted. All refunds are at the discretion of Identity.
• Printed proofs are not possible for lithographic or foil printed cards.
• In order to waive the postal proof requirement, you must request “printed proof not required”
• Request of a printed proof will add to the lead time by a period of 3-6 working days.
• Any colours displayed on a computer screen frequently do not match the printed colour of plastic cards. For this reason, it is prudent to employ a qualified graphic designer with experience of print. Identity is not responsible for any and all discrepancies between printed product and displayed colours.
• The colours on emailed proofs are provided as a guide only.
• Digital cards are printed in CMYK process. It is not possible to match Pantone colours 100% accurately in a CMYK process. When Pantone colours are quoted to us, this will be used as a guide only to give an idea of the colour/shade.
• Litho cards are printed in CMYK process. It is not possible to match Pantone colours 100% accurately in a CMYK process. If a specific Pantone colour is required, it must be stated at the quoting stage. Provided we can print the specified colour, it will be charged as an extra. Please note we can only print from a specific range of Pantone colours, we cannot print Coated versions of Pantone colours, for example.
• All orders must be paid in full before printing commences.
• Exceptions are granted at the discretion of Identity, for state bodies, semi state companies, and other credit worthy institutions.
• Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, wire transfer, PayPal, and business cheque.
• Identity reserve the right to delay printing until payment is received and cleared.
• Identity may at their discretion charge an extra fee for processing certain methods of payment.
• On receipt of email proofs, if not waived, an order form is supplied to the customer. This must be received by email, post or fax. Email is the quickest method.
• Signing of this order form indicates acceptance of all terms and conditions of business contained in this document.
• It is possible to expedite orders, at the discretion of Identity. A minimum lead time will be specified. We cannot deliver products to a specified deadline.
Statement of a deadline by the customer does not imply our acceptance of same.
• Rush orders are possible but are subject to management approval and a minimum 25% extra charge. Additional features such as pantone colours, numbering, transparent cards, matte lamination etc., may not be possible to print in an expedited time frame.
• All expedited orders are covered by our limitations of liability and generally by our terms and conditions. We are not responsible for any special, indirect, consequential or other loss from errors arising from the waiving of proofs to expedite delivery.
submission of variable data
• When submitting sheets of variable data, for merging to cards, data must be submitted in a pre-defined format to Identity. Identity is not responsible for the cleanliness of data submitted.
• All Excel and Access files must not feature hidden cells which are needed to print. Data must be presented in a consistent manner. Dates must not change on importation, achievable by submitting all dates as text fields. Superfluous data columns must be removed to prevent confusion.
• Under no circumstances is Identity liable for erroneous printing of cards caused by inconsistent, incorrect or invalid data.
• Identity will not edit or otherwise prepare any data requiring edition. This must be carried out by the customer.
•We recommend submitting all data in a CSV or TXT file, tab delimited.
• Turnaround time is counted from the next working day after purchase order, artwork and payment have been received in full.
• Turnaround time is measured in working days. Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays, National Holidays are not counted as working days.
• Turnaround time for delivery of stock items, digital printed cards, lithographically printed cards, foil printed cards, photo ID cards, printed lanyards and other items differ significantly. You will be informed of the applicable order lead time at the time of ordering.
• Lead times for products are generally:
All lead times above are subject to variation and must not be used to define a deadline date for delivery.
We cannot deliver products to a specified deadline.
• Identity will not be responsible for any costs or damages arising from any late delivery of goods or services, directly or indirectly caused by Identity.
• Turnaround times are estimates and as such are not guaranteed. All lead times given are estimates and are subject to change.
• For jobs that require personalisation with Customer supplied data, turnaround time begins from the next working day after purchase order, artwork, payment and data files have been received correctly and in full. Production cannot begin without all of these items being received.
delivery of your order
• Identity dispatch cards via a range of carriers, including DHL, UPS, Same Day Logistics, Royal Mail and An Post.
• In most cases we will provide a shortcut link to the carrier’s website for tracking purposes.
• Customer must be present to receive goods. In the event that another delivery is required, your full contact details including phone number and email address must be supplied to us.
• If the courier fails to deliver your order (for example you are not in to sign for delivery) a card will be left and your order will be taken to the local depot waiting for you to arrange delivery/collection. If after a period of time you fail to collect your order from the depot or arrange delivery, it will be returned to us. We can arrange to have your order delivered again; however, a delivery charge will be incurred to cover our costs for the 2nd delivery. We recommend that your delivery address is an address where someone is available during working hours to sign for and take the delivery. If the courier leaves a card because they are unable to deliver to you, please contact the depot as soon as possible.
• Deliveries to certain areas to remote parts of the Irish Republic may be subject to a 2/3 working days delay.
• It is not possible to offer UPS + 1 services outside of their designated urban areas.
• The courier company used is an external company and operates under its own terms and conditions. If problems with the delivery arise, please contact us and we will assist you. However please note that we cannot be held responsible for the actions of the courier or any late deliveries.
• Identity must be made aware of any complaints with an order within 24 hours of the order being received otherwise no discussion can be entered into regarding the complaint or free reprints.
• Identity aim to provide outstanding customer service. If you have any complaint about the service you have received from us, please contact us at email@example.com
• Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the client in writing no later than 24 hours after delivery. If no such claim is made, Identity and the client will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the client acknowledges that Identity performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions and specifications.
• Identity’s liability will be limited to the quoted selling price of defective goods, without additional charge for special or consequential damages.
• We are not responsible for delays, damages or losses incurred through customer confusion, incompetence or misunderstandings of the customer.
use of customer cards
• Your cards may be printed in larger quantities than your order, with the surplus used as sample cards in our sample packs. In the case of loyalty or membership cards, the cards will be rendered unusable with the words SAMPLE CARD or similar printed on them. Your card design may be used on our website for promotional reasons. If you do not consent to the above, please notify us and we will not use your cards in the above fashion. If your order is not paid for, then you cannot place limits on our use of the cards.
limitations of our liability
Identity are not liable for any kind of damage, howsoever arising; in contract, tort (including negligence).
Specifically, we are not liable for any of the following
• loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including for loss of profits on contracts); loss of anticipated savings; loss of business and/or contracts; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to, or corruption of data or software; Business Interruption ; wasted expenditure; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage In the event of our failure to perform within the bounds of our contract, our liability where specified shall be limited to the replacement price of our order, quoted at the time of order.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the Republic of Ireland.
Wae are committed to the privacy of our customer data.
Identity, maintains and discloses information collected from customers in the following ways:
Information Collected Through use of our website, Identity collates the following personally identifiable information
The information Identity collects is personal information that identifies you personally, such as:
• Your name
• E-mail address
• Postal address
• Telephone and facsimile numbers
• IP Address
• Credit card information
• Other billing information
• Membership names/details
Your details will never be sold, lent, re-used or hired to third parties.
Data supplied for the purposes of printing and personalisation will be stored for a maximum of six years from date of receipt. This data may be released to third parties on foot of a court order. Data may be backed up and stored at a secure third party location.